With spring approaching once again, you might be looking forward to blooming flowers, warmer weather and sunshine, but you’re probably not looking forward to the potential increase in insects and pests in your home. The arrival of spring often comes along with the appearance of ants in the kitchen looking for food, water and a place to hide out. If you’ve ever had to deal with ants in your home, it’s a good idea to think about some methods for ant removal in Alaska. Read on for some effective ant prevention and removal tips that you can use this spring:
- Seal doors and windows: Ants are tiny insects that can enter your home through exceedingly small openings. You should try to prevent ants from entering your home by sealing openings around doors and windows as much as possible. You can use caulk, weather- tripping and sealants to keep these spaces closed and prevent ants from getting in.
- Store food securely: Ants are attracted by food, especially fruit and foods with high sugar content. You should make sure to put away food using secure containers that pests can’t get into. If you have a lot of problems with ants, you should consider storing fruits in your refrigerator instead of on your countertop to deter ants and other pests.
- Clean with vinegar: One of the best cleaning solutions to use for insect control in Alaska is diluted vinegar. Using vinegar to clean your countertops and floor helps deter ants because they dislike the scent. In addition, vinegar helps remove the scent trail that ants leave behind, which reduces the likelihood that new ants will follow previous ant trails into your home.
- Use bait: You can purchase bait and ant traps to remove ants from your home. It may take a while before the ants find the bait and carry it back to the colony, but you can expect the colony to be eliminated within a few days or a few weeks at most. If your ant bait isn’t working, it’s possible that the colony is too large to be eliminated with the amount of bait you used, or that the ants didn’t find the bait that you left.
- Hire a professional: If all else fails, it’s a good idea to reach out to a professional who specializes in ant removal in Alaska. They will be able to get to the bottom of your ant problem and provide you with effective solutions to remove ants from your home.
If you want to find out more about how to deal with an ant infestation in Alaska, reach out to Pied Piper Pest Control. Since 1965, our locally owned and operated business has been proud to provide insect control and extermination services to our customers. Regardless of what your specific concerns may be or which kinds of pests are an issue in your home or business, our team is equipped to assist you. Give us a call today to find out more about how we can help with effective insect control in Alaska!
This post was written by admin