For homeowners or business owners, there are several things that you must pay careful attention to. In addition to regular maintenance for your heating and cooling systems, repair and renovation of your building’s interior and tending to your yard or landscaping, you must also make sure that your building remains a safe and healthy environment. Unfortunately, pests and rodents can get into unprotected homes and businesses and cause unsafe and unsanitary conditions for you, your family members, your friends, your employees and your customers. To avoid the health concerns that are associated with pests and ensure that your building isn’t affected by any pest-related damage, take some steps to protect your home or business with help from a professional pest control service in Alaska:
- Minimize clutter: Piles of trash and clutter might seem unattractive to you, but they make the perfect place for rodents and other pests to nest. Make sure to minimize clutter in your home or business as much as possible to reduce the number of places pests are likely to find attractive for nesting. You should also make sure that there aren’t any containers with standing water in and around your home that could potentially attract bugs. By decluttering, you can prevent pests from coming into your home and get a head start on your spring cleaning in the process.
- Seal cracks: One of the most important aspects of pest control service in Alaska is sealing cracks. Even tiny cracks can leave plenty of room for small insects to crawl into your home. Any areas with damaged weather stripping, missing roofing materials, damaged siding or other structural weaknesses should be repaired as soon as possible.
- Insulate windows and doors: Cracks around windows and doors can pose a big problem when it comes to pests. Make sure that the area around your windows and doors is properly insulated and that weather stripping is in good condition. You should also make sure that any open windows have screens without tatters or holes.
- Tend to your yard: Tree branches that brush against your home or business can actually act as an access point for pests. Make sure to cut back branches around your home and rake leaves away from your building since these types of yard debris can be home to a variety of different pests.
- Dispose of food debris: Even tiny fragments of food can attract hundreds of insects into your home or business. The best way to go about this is by cleaning up any food debris and making sure that you keep dishes clean. You should also wash out your sink and keep your fridge cleared of any expired food. It’s also important to keep pantry items in sturdy, air sealed containers.
Nobody wants pests in their home or business, but keeping them out can be a challenge. Whether you want to keep pests out or you need to get rid of insects or rodents that are already there, the team at Pied Piper Pest Control can help. We have decades of experience providing pest control service in Alaska, and we know exactly how to keep all kinds of pests at bay. To find out more about what we do, or to schedule service, simply call us today.
Categorised in: Pest Control
This post was written by Writer