Finding yourself in a home or business overrun by pests is never a good time. Whether it’s mice, bed bugs or even larger animals like birds or squirrels, pests can become both a nuisance and even dangerous to you, your family or your employees. The state of Alaska has some unique types of pests that can cause bites or other harm to human inhabitants.
If you discover a pest invasion in your home or business, you should call a professional for pest inspection in Alaska right away. While you wait for the problem to be controlled, though, you’re going to need to protect yourself from the pests that are currently there. Some pests can be controlled by simple insect repellent, while others may require more serious means of protection. Here are some of the most common pests in Alaska and some tips on how to protect yourself against them:
- Bed bugs: Bed bugs can be found hiding in bed linens and mattress covers, and are easily transported. If you wake up with small bites on your arms, shoulders or other body parts and see small black dots in your sheets, you likely have an infestation. Call for professional pest inspection in Alaska and avoid sleeping in that bed, if possible. Remove all of the linens that were on the bed and keep them in a bag outside of your home.
- Cockroaches: Cockroaches are, frankly, disgusting, and finding them in your home or business can be a nasty surprise. Even worse, these bugs can transfer bacterial pathogens that can cause diarrhea, food poisoning and other ailments. The best way to protect yourself from these problems is to properly clean your kitchen, as they are attracted to food. Keep food containers closed and airtight.
- Blow flies: Blow flies are an integral part of the local ecosystem, as they help decompose dead animals. However, blow flies in your home can lead to their transmitting bacteria. They are attracted to human food, so be sure to keep food put away and containers sealed to avoid contamination.
- Mosquitoes: Mosquitoes are extremely common and extremely annoying! They leave itchy, inflamed bites that take days to fade away. If you have a mosquito infestation in your home, your best protection against bites will be insect repellent. Use a topical antihistamine if you are bitten.
- Animals: Although animals like birds or squirrels in your home or business are less common, they are still quite dangerous to deal with. If you find that one has gotten inside, stay away from it. There’s no telling whether it will attack and bite you or someone else. Call pest control immediately.
Removing pest infestations by yourself can be very difficult and might even put you in danger. To keep everyone safe and have the pests taken care of quickly and effectively, call for a pest inspection in Alaska and rely on the professionals.
Piped Piper Pest Control has over 50 years of pest control experience! Contact us to learn more about our services for commercial and residential customers. We take care of a wide range of pests, from insects to wild animals. Call today for a free estimate!
Categorised in: Pest Inspection
This post was written by Writer