We all know it when we hear it—that telltale buzzing sound that warns you of the redness, itchiness and irritation to come. Mosquitoes can turn even the most pleasant evening get-together into an itchy nightmare, and they might even put a damper on your summer travel plans. Even if you stay around the house, you may still wake up to red, itchy bug bites on your arms and legs. Before you end up heading to the store for anti-itch cream or calling for pest control in Alaska, follow a few tips to avoid mosquitoes altogether this summer:
- Avoid areas that have a lot of mosquitoes: One of the best ways to avoid being bitten by mosquitoes is to stay out of their way. If there is an area around that is particularly popular with the local mosquito population, it’s best to steer clear. The same goes for any areas on your property that might have stagnant water, such as small ponds or even empty flowerpots.
- Wear the right clothing: Mosquitoes tend to be attracted to dark clothing, so try to put on lighter colors if you’re going to be outside around mosquitoes. In addition, it’s best to stay as covered as possible, so try to wear long sleeve shirts and long pants to ensure that mosquitoes can’t bite your arms and legs as easily.
- Bring your bug spray: Whether you’re just going outside for a few minutes or you’re planning an extended outdoor adventure, always make sure to remember your insect repellent. Bug sprays can be very effective in keeping mosquitoes at bay. If you’re planning a party or get-together outside, it might also be a good idea to take some extra bug-repellent precautions, like lighting citronella candles or setting out another form of bug repellent to keep you and your guests bite-free.
- Avoid outdoor activities at certain times of the day: Dawn and dusk tend to be the times of day when mosquitoes are most active. Try to avoid activities outside during these times if it’s possible.
- Sleep with a mosquito net: If you tend to wake up to mosquito bites, it might be a good idea to start sleeping with an insect net. These nets will keep mosquitoes and other pesky bugs away from you during the night so that you don’t wind up with any annoying bites.
At Pied Piper Pest Control, we understand how frustrating it can be to deal with pests like mosquitoes in and around your home. That’s why we offer comprehensive pest control services to help our customers get rid of rodents, insects, bed bugs and other unwelcome wildlife. With decades of experience, we understand how to deal with a variety of pest concerns and infestations, and we pride ourselves on offering long-lasting and effective solutions to give our customers peace of mind.
If you’re struggling with a pest problem, we are the team to call. Simply contact us to set up your appointment and say goodbye to your pest problem with the help of effective pest control in Alaska.
Categorised in: Pest Control
This post was written by Writer