Eight Ways to Avoid the Need for Pest Control in AlaskaDecember 27, 2016 2:29 am Leave your thoughts
Since insects and rodents are all around us, and it seems like they’re always trying to get inside, there are times when it becomes necessary to call an exterminator for pest control in Alaska. That being said, there are many ways you can avoid the need to call a pest control service, just by taking some preventative measures around your home. Here are a few of the many ways you can do just that:
- Put away leftovers: There’s nothing ants and rodents love more than finding leftover food. If you have any leftovers after you’ve finished eating a meal, be sure to store them in airtight containers and put the food in the refrigerator. You’d be surprised how quickly pests can track down a tasty treat.
- Inspect your house: If there are any cracks or holes in the walls or foundation, you’re vulnerable to getting a pest infestation. Rodents can slip through the tiniest cracks, and insects are already really small. If you find any cracks, be sure to seal them as quickly as possible in order to prevent critters from getting inside. If there’s a crack you don’t think you can fix, you’d be wise to call a repairman before you wind up with a pest infestation on your hands.
- Fix any leaks: Leaky pipes, faucets and appliances aren’t just a problem for your home. They can also be major attraction for a variety of different pests.
- Mind your trashcan: Be sure to keep a tight lid on your trashcan at all times when it’s inside the house. Pests love getting into your garbage and feasting on any morsels of food they can find. Also, make sure you’re regularly taking your trash out to the dumpster.
- Keep a tidy house: This goes along with putting leftovers away. Make sure you don’t leave any crumbs around on your kitchen countertops or on the floors. Pests jump at the opportunity to get a free meal. Beware of any clutter around your home. Pests also love hiding out in messy areas, so keep your house nice and clean at all times.
- Install screens: While pests can sneak in through cracks, it’s way easier for them to get inside your home by flying or crawling right through your open windows. Avoid having to call us for pest control in Alaska by simply putting screens on all of your windows. You’ll be able to enjoy the pleasant air in the spring and summer without worrying about letting pests in.
- Get rid of scrap wood: It’s no surprise that termites and other creepy crawlers love wood. If you practice any type of carpentry, try to keep your scrap wood out of your garage to avoid attracting pests. If you keep firewood on your property, be sure to store it away from your home. Who knows what’s lurking in that pile of wood!
- Check your pets: Ticks and fleas love hitching a ride in your pets’ fur. Try to check their coats for critters before your animals come inside.
If you’ve tried your best to keep pests out, but still end up with an infestation, contact Pied Piper Pest Control today to schedule a visit!
Categorised in: Pest Control
This post was written by Writer